Jun 07, 2019
What are Vinyl Cutter Programs?
So what is vinyl cutter software? A raster image processor (RIP) is used in a printing system. This produces a raster image or bitmap. This raster image or bitmap is used later in the printing system to produce. The result is called printed output. A RIP can be a software module installed on any computer or added as a firmware program. It can even be installed inside a printer.
Computer numerical control (CNC) machining uses code. Most often, this code is generated with software. CNC controls the motion of cutting tools to manufacture parts. It does so by removing designated material. This process is very controlled and accurate. It can remove minuscule amounts.
Why is Vinyl Cutter Software the Best Method?
Using vinyl cutter software you can easily draw unique shapes, modify sign designs, edit images, and create logos. The software also allows you to customize text, changing fonts on your computer, as well as add special effects. Vinyl cutter programs will let you design and cut your shapes faster, easier, and with precise accuracy.
Large Format Printing Uses
Vinyl signs and banners are bright, colorful, easy-to-read print design communication. Great vinyl banner signs can be read quickly and from a distance. They let patrons and potential buyers know that they have found the business they are looking for. They might even beckon a client unfamiliar with the product or service into that business to browse.
Vinyl signs proclaim a sale or special promotion, driving traffic into that company. They proclaim that a new business is opening soon, announce special events, festivals, or promotions.
Qualities of Effective Vinyl Signs
Besides being attention-getting and easy to read, these are the best ways and things to consider to effectively use vinyl signs.
- The intended placement of your vinyl banner or sign is critical. Placement can have a major effect on things like size, design, choice of color scheme. You want that sign to be highly contrasting with its environment so it is easily noticeable.
- Vinyl signs and banners—unlike many other promotional materials—have to attract attention from a distance. Thus, content must appear in large readable letters.
- The text must be in a font that is clear. It is often tempting to use a fancy or artistic font. But for vinyl signs and banners it is best to go for a font with high readability. Good choices are bold sans-serif fonts. These are more readable than serif fonts.
- When it comes to what you have printed on your vinyl sign or banner, the best rule is to keep it simple. Cosmetic giant Mary Kay says, “Less is more.” Successful banners contain only a few words. These signs must communicate your message as quickly as possible. Your target audience isn’t interested in and doesn’t have time for detailed information as they walk or drive by your sign.
- You need to use as few words as possible to keep the message simple, clear, and easy to read. However, it is vital that your vinyl sign or banner includes exactly the message you want to get across to your niche market. Are you increasing brand awareness? Are you promoting a product or service? Are you announcing a special event?
- When designing your vinyl sign, you need to keep your purpose in mind. Leave out what’s not needed. For example, if the sign is in the front of your business does the sign need your address or phone number? Perhaps they need to know only that your business is under new ownership or you have a new product or service or that you’re open for business. Avoid clutter!
- Your goal is to attract attention. Therefore, you need to do everything in your power to draw the viewer's eye to your vinyl sign or banner. Besides color, font, succinct message and location you might include a high-quality graphic. It will focus the viewer’s attention and perhaps reinforce your visual communication.
Examples of Vinyl Sign Uses
Vinyl signs or banners are the most common advertising signs. They are price-competitive, versatile and very durable. Vinyl signs have been known to withstand hundred-mile-an-hour winds of a category 4 hurricane.
Heavy weight vinyl called PVC is most commonly used in making vinyl signs. Why? Well-placed, effective vinyl signs or banners have proven effective in driving traffic to a business. They have aided in boosting sales, getting businesses noticed, and helping companies keep ahead of their competitors.
Where might you expect to see vinyl signs or banners?
- Hanging banners may appear on storefronts or on businesses. They may be hung from awnings or placed on poles in the ground.
- Light post banners have two pockets: one on the top and the second on the bottom of the banner. These pockets allow the banner to be pulled tight on metal rods attached to the light post. In towns or cities, these banners advertise a holiday, a special event, or a unique feature of the town or city.
- A more modern vinyl signage is wrapping on such vehicles as city buses, cars, trucks, cabs, or business vans. The vinyl pieces are attached using static cling or magnetic pieces.
- The same principle can be used to “wrap” the windows of businesses.
- Printed vinyl banners can be pulled taut on billboard frames. This is a quick and inexpensive way to create huge, eye-catching, outdoor advertisements. Heavy duty vinyl wrap is used so the billboard signs don’t fade in the sun, warp in the heat, crack in the cold, rip, sag, stretch, or blow away. Wrapping requires a high-quality vinyl media in order to prevent the ripping, stretching, and wilting that comes with large-scale mounting.
- Hardback signs employ vinyl stickers on rigid frames. These become free-standing signs. Look for these vinyl signs during political campaigns, curb or lawn advertising for special events, or neighborhood announcements like wedding or reception or birth signs. These are easy to create and install because all you need is a pole or two and wire clips.
What is the Flexi Vinyl Cutting Program?
If you are making vinyl signs or banners then Flexi is the vinyl cutter program you need. It doesn’t matter if you have a project that involves printing and cutting or you are using a direct to vinyl workflow. Flexi has what you need to get the job done easier, faster and better.
This easy-to-operate design interface has a strong, wide-format RIP. Flexi can handle any printing and cutting task.
SAI Flexi has developed unique vinyl cutter software. This technique brings clients such specialized vinyl cutting signage software. Flexi is the best vinyl cutter software program on the market. For the most accurate and creative work in cutting vinyl signs, Flexi cannot be beaten.
SAI Flexi provides everything a sign maker needs to offer total workflow. We have a complete line of tools and products not only for designing, but also for editing and production.
Printing and cutting with Flexi is so easy to use that both novice and experienced users can produce perfect results. The software is compatible with all of the best cutters.
Moreover, the CNC machining CAD/CAM software facilitates routing and 3D surfacing, molding, cabinet making and woodworking needs.
If you are looking to get all your sign making and routing software in one place, learn more at https://www.thinksai.com/.