Reasons this may happen:
Updated software and configuration files for HP were not overwritten correctly. This may also happen if antivirus software conflicts and causes a corruption of the HP Config files. In some cases a software crash may cause this.
- Download this file: https://www.hightail.com/download/bXBZWGJBT001aVlzeHNUQw
- Navigate to the SAi install folder. It will typically look similar to this:
C:\Program Files (x86)\SAi\SAi Production Suite Cloud\OutputDrivers\HP L25500\Generic_HP Latex 310*
*Latex 330 should go to the Latex 330 folder, 360 to the 360 folder, etc
- Replace the file in that folder with the one you downloaded. The file name you are replacing is hpldrlgl.dat.
- Navigate to the SAi install folder. It will look something like this:
C:\Program Files (x86)\SAi\SAi Production Suite Cloud\Jobs and Settings\DriverSettings
- Rename the HP L25500 folder to any name you want or delete it (whatever you prefer).
- Send your print job again. You do not need to restart the software. Once you send your print again, you will see a message like the one below that the Raster Library is being updated with the latest media information. This is normal and may take a while. After this, your job should begin to print.
- File paths may be different for your installation.
- Typically a Catch exception SendHeader() will follow the HP Config File missing error message.