Reasons to reinstall driver: Key not found error message (even when restarting computer). Key is not lighting up; the software closes with the message “Key Not Found”.
- Unplug your hardware key. Note: This will only work on Windows XP 32-bit.
- Uninstall the old Alladin HASP® driver found in Add/ Remove Programs (XP) or Programs and Features (Vista and newer). RESTART IF PROMPTED.
- Download the driver v5.22 here: https://www.hightail.com/download/bXBaOGNlK3hubHp2bk1UQw
- Install the driver. RESTART COMPUTER.
- Plug in the hardware key to a different port. Windows should make a dinging sound and say “Installing device driver”. Once complete, the hardware key should light up.
- Try to open the software.
- Do not plug the hardware key into a hub.
- If you have to flick your key to make it work, the key may be going bad or has been physically damaged.
- Your software will only run on Windows XP 32-bit. Installing on Windows Vista or newer will not work.
- If the key still does not light up after reinstalling the driver, trying another port, and restarting the computer, it could be that the key is failing. At this point, it would be a good idea to test on another computer. If the same thing happens, please call our sales team at 800.229.9066 x140 to inquire about a new hardware key. Charges may apply.