Indications you might need to reinstall:
- Key not found error message (even when restarting computer)
- Security key does not match the password error
- Key is not lighting up; the software closes with the message “Key Not Found”
- Unplug your hardware key
- Uninstall the old SafeNet driver found in Add/ Remove Programs (XP) or Programs and Features (Vista and newer). RESTART IF PROMPTED.
- Download the newest driver here: http://c3.safenet-inc.com/downloads/9/7/97126853-154D-4DB3-BC78-5BC55F30004A/Sentinel%20Protection%20Installer%207.6.6.zip
- Install the driver. RESTART COMPUTER.
- Plug in the hardware key to a different port. Windows should make a dinging sound and say “Installing device driver”. Once complete, the hardware key should light up.
- Try to open the software.
- Do not plug the hardware key into a hub.
- If you have to flick your key to make it work, the key may be going bad or has been physically damaged.